Quality Assurance Engineer I
Department: Product Development
Type: Full Time / Permanent
CyberGrants is an ambitious, fast-growing and innovative company focused on providing the very best service to our clients. With nearly 20 years of experience supporting corporate and private philanthropy, CyberGrants brings customers an extraordinary wealth of knowledge and services.
As part of the Cybergrants team you will be part of a select few that are responsible for helping our corporate and private clients provide over 6.6 billion dollars in annual funding to national and local non-profit organizations in support of programs ranging from major natural disaster relief to local animal shelters and after school programs.
Use your technological abilities for good. Go home every night knowing the work you’ve done has effected millions of people around the world. Join CyberGrants’ team of passionate and hardworking developers today!
Our mission and entrepreneurial spirit attracts passionate and hardworking professionals. We work hard, but have fun while doing so.
- Responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of testing on simple to complex application features. Responsible for working collaboratively within the Product Development Department to execute and validate test cases based upon business requirements. The Quality Assurance Engineer is expected to develop proficiency within all areas of the application.
- Support testing efforts for multiple projects and software releases, including integration, system, regression, performance, security, and user-acceptance testing
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Document test results and defects, track and manage defects and work with product managers to troubleshoot issues
- Work with product managers and user experience designers to ensure requirements are documented, understood, covered by tests and accurately tested
- Provide input on go / no-go decisions for production releases
- Participate in executing QA roadmaps and strategies
- Work with local and remote teams to implement and adopt applicable testing practices and expectations
- Performs comprehensive product evaluations for potential technologies that could be used to enhance the CG software offering as needed
- Demonstrate broad peripheral vision in design and troubleshooting perspective, considering all angles
- Demonstrate a strong desire to be a quality individual contributor and team member
- Demonstrate a strong ability to learn quickly and research new technology or skills area when needed
- Make recommendations on acceptable risks in the application
- Assist in triaging production defects
- Experience in testing web applications and responsive websites
- Solid understanding of web technologies and relational databases
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Experience executing and coordinating integration, system, regression and user-acceptance testing
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to work in team-based environments
- Understanding of QA processes, practices and systems
- 4+ years of experience in an IT environment
- Strong attention to detail and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with testing automation or ability to code sufficiently to automate testing tasks is a plus
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance testing experience. Thorough understanding of the software development process and all aspects of Quality Assurance
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A CyberGrants person is...
CyberGrants is successful because of the highly motivated people who work here and their deep enthusiasm for customer service and philanthropy. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. Your passion and commitment will inspire your colleagues as you continue to place the client at the center of everything you do.
For consideration, please send résumé & cover letter, with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.