Sr. DevOps Architect/Engineer
Department: IT Operations
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Andover, MA
CyberGrants is an ambitious, fast-growing and innovative company that helps our clients achieve Agile Social Impact. For 20 years, our business has been to provide innovative software and services in the most secure and efficient way. We are proud to have hundreds of clients, including over half of the Fortune 100. In the last twelve months alone, we’ve processed over $6.5 billion and more than 50 million volunteer hours. Nearly one-third of all corporate charitable giving is donated via CyberGrants software.
Use your technological abilities for good and go home every night knowing the work you’ve done has positively impacted millions of people around the world. Join CyberGrants’ team of passionate and innovative professionals today!
This position is primarily responsible for the IT architecture, infrastructure, processes, and procedures required to support CyberGrants’ Production environment. It requires both the technical “hands-on” skills and experience related to Production IT practices, methods, and trends along with project management/leadership capability necessary to analyze, recommend, plan, implement, and manage our various infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will possess strong DevOps knowledge and experience with Linux System Administration, AWS Cloud Deployment, Virtualization, and SaaS Platform Management.
- Ensure the effective operation of the Production IT infrastructure - including but not limited to system operation, reliability, availability, performance, monitoring, job automation, backups, redundancy, security, maintenance, hardware, software, and configuration. This infrastructure includes:
- All production systems and servers (on-premise, co-lo, and cloud-based).
- The production network.
- Develop automated processes (DevOps) for managing code promotion from Development to QA to Production systems.
- Develop effective working relationships with various departments to better understand existing and emerging Production and Corporate IT requirements (e.g., Development, Client Operations, Support, etc.).
- Provide effective project management and leadership for Production IT projects including assessment of alternatives, cost analysis, design, planning, scheduling, implementation, and post-mortems.
- Maintain awareness of, and expertise in, the latest production IT trends, issues and requirements. In doing so, continually look to introduce innovations that improve our Production IT infrastructure (commensurate with the needs of the business).
- 7-10 years overall production IT experience, with 1-2 years as team lead.
- Strong familiarity and experience with Production IT infrastructure innovations, trends, methods and best practices including DevOps, Cloud, and Virtualization.
- 5-10 years experience as Production IT Engineer (e.g., DevOps Engineer, System Administrator/Engineer, etc.). Specifically, strong technical skills and experience with the following:
- Linux System Administration (i.e., RedHat, CentOS)
- Amazon AWS (Expertise, Configuration, Management, Architecture)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- DevOps (automated promotion processes across environments).
- Familiarity Managing Full SaaS Platform - Web, App, DB, Storage, Network.
- 3-5 years experience and knowledge with:
- Web/DMZ tier (Apache, FTP, MFT)
- Application tier (JBoss, WebLogic, etc.)
- Database tier (Oracle, MySQL)
- Storage Subsystems ((SAN/NAS - e.g., EMC XtremeIO, Oracle/Sun ZFS)
- Networking (DNS, Fortinet, Cisco, Fiber)
- Job Automation (Unix Shell Scripting and Automation)
While not required, any experience with one or more of the following are highly desirable (make sure to highlight your experience with these in your resume):
- Software Development Experience
- Networking Certification (Cisco CCNA or equivalent)
- DevOps Tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, ANT, etc.)
- Sun Solaris (Solaris 10, Solaris 11)
- Bachelor’s Degree from four year college or university, or four to six years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A rare opportunity to work in the philanthropy industry helping clients donate billions to nonprofits across the globe
- Work with smart and engaged co-workers
- Be a part of a culture that strives for innovation
- Flexible and casual work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package – including health/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, 401K
- Unique perks like Waffle Wednesdays, Pajama Day, extra vacation day on your birthday, and more
A CyberGrants person is...
CyberGrants is successful because of the highly motivated people who work here and their deep enthusiasm for customer service and philanthropy. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. Your passion and commitment will inspire your colleagues as you continue to place the client at the center of everything you do.
For consideration, please send resume to email@example.com.